The Basics Anger Management Class
This class (Three 1-1/2 hour sessions) offers participants an innovative framework for understanding and managing anger. Through class discussion and his presentations you will learn that how you manage anger is based on habits in the interplay between your thoughts, feelings, and body reactions. Most importantly, this class offers you opportunities to learn more constructive ways of responding to and decreasing your potential for anger. The class meets over a three-week period that allows you to practice the approaches and receive feedback regarding your progress.
Teaching You the Benefits of Practicing Healthy Anger
Anger is a normal human emotion that provides you a message if you take time to pause and reflect on it. It says more about you than it does about the person or situation that may lead you to become angry. The principles of healthy anger include:
- Observing and experiencing your anger without being overwhelmed by it.
- Recognizing your anger as a signal to explore the feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations that precede it.
- Viewing anger as a signal to look inward to identify your core desires, needs, and values.
- Cultivating self-compassion and compassion for others, to enhance your sense of safety and connection.
- Developing strategies to let go of anger, which may include forgiving others and yourself.
- Learning how to communicate assertively with others.
- Enhancing your resilience and overall well-being.
- Cultivating your emotional intelligence
The Basics Class: 2017 Schedule
When you need extra guidance managing your emotions, it can be difficult and stressful to ask for help. Bernard Golden is available to work with you. His basic anger management class will be held during the following dates and times in 2017:
January 11, 18 & 25: Wednesday from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
February 8, 15 and 22: Wednesday from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.,
March 1, 8 and 15: Wednesday from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
April 5, 12, and 19: Wednesday from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
May 3, 10 & 17: Wednesday from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
June 7, 14 & 21: Wednesday from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Registering for Your Presentation
Help is available when you need it. To register for Bernard Golden’s class, you can mail a check directly or visit www.professionalcharges.com to pay to account number 071002850. Please note that there are no refunds for missing a session after you attend your first class.